Downtown Oshkosh, Wisconsin, showing Dr.
above the Baumann Drug Store, beneath the
Dr. Carl Seemann, making a "house call"
in South Dakota.
1903 in Freeport, Illinois, with Carl keeping an office
at 404 in the Rice Building, and a residence at 181
Broadway. Later that year, they relocated to
Oshkosh, Winnebago co., Wisconsin, where Carl
established a medical practice. His office was
located on the corner of Main and Algoma streets, above
the Baumann Drug Store, as pictured to the left. The
picture was taken at the same time Dr. Carl was
practicing, and his office is located just below the red
"X". Initially, the family lived a 234 New
York Avenue, later moving to 127 Mount Vernon.
During this time, he placed a number of interesting
advertisements in the
In 1910, Carl
went to Tulare, Spink co., South Dakota, to relocate his
medical practice. His wife and three daughters
followed him in the spring of 1911. Except for
possibly living in National City, California about 1938,
they spent 42 years in the Tulare community.
In 1952, Carl
and Martha moved to Miller, South Dakota, and it was
here that Dr. Carl passed away from mycardial failure on
9 Aug 1954. His funeral was held at the Tulare
Masonic Temple, and he was buried at Tulare cemetery.
After the death of her husband, Martha made her home
with her daughter Marcella, who also lived in Miller.
She died 11 Jun 1960, and was buried next to her husband
at Tulare cemetery.
Carl was a
Mason, as well as a member of the OES, and was described
as "a man of pleasing personality, of genial, social
temperament, optimistic, hopeful, a lover of good
comradeship and fond of good cheer."